Car Accident Lawyers | Garcia Hong Law



The California Highway Patrol reports over 250,000 people are injured in automobile accidents every year. Suffering an accident can be a confusing, stressful, and daunting experience. We are familiar with how claims adjusters and representatives value your case and settlement, and use that to get the maximum possible recovery.


Accident victims who are not represented by a skilled attorney often receive settlements that are not enough to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.


Our firm represents people involved in car accidents and motorcycle accident cases in California. We negotiate with insurance companies to get the money our clients deserve for their injuries. Our experienced accident lawyers allow you to focus on recovery and receiving your medical treatment. Leave the legal stresses to us.  


Whether it’s a small “fender bender” or a serious injury car accident, Garcia Hong Law can help you get compensated for your injuries. Before you speak with anyone from the other driver’s insurance company, you should speak with an attorney. Sometimes the other driver’s insurance company is looking to settle your claim quickly. If you settle without consulting a lawyer, you may waive any opportunity to file a lawsuit and bring claims that you may have.



In California, you generally have two years from the date of the auto accident to file a lawsuit. This is the “statute of limitations.” The statute of limitations may be shorter if you had a car accident with a California state, county, or local government entity. Examples of this include a city bus, trolley, or a government employee driving a government vehicle. In these cases, you have six months from the date of the accident to bring a claim.


If you miss a deadline, you may forgo your opportunity to bring a claim. Garcia Hong Law can manage deadlines and oversee this process on your behalf.




Garcia Hong Law can also help you if the other driver is uninsured or under insured. In California, a driver must have liability insurance, but 1 out of 8 drivers nationwide does not carry insurance. The California minimum liability insurance requirements for a private passenger car is:

•    $15,000 for injury/death to one person;
•    $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person; and
•    $5,000 for damage to property.


If you were in an auto accident with a driver who does not have insurance, does not have enough insurance to cover your injuries, or even worse, does a hit and run, Garcia Hong Law may be able to help you find a way to be compensated. For example, you may be able to bring a claim with your own insurance if you have “underinsured / uninsured” coverage. We have helped victims work with their own car insurance companies to get compensated and made whole.

* This website is designed for general information only. Results may vary depending on particular facts and legal circumstances.