Garcia Hong Law APCAddress
10680 Treena Street
San Diego, California 92131
Valerie Garcia Hong founded Garcia Hong Law to offer quality legal services and value to our business clients and individuals. As a trusted adviser and legal counsel, Valerie has represented Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals in business, professional liability, real estate, and personal injury disputes. From pre-litigation dispute resolution to oral argument on appeal, Valerie focuses on the big picture and provides comprehensive, cost-efficient strategies.
Valerie has been recognized by her peers and clients with several awards including the Top 25 Women San Diego Super Lawyers® and Top 50 Women San Diego Super Lawyers® for four consecutive years.
Valerie is also an Adjunct Professor at California Western School of Law, where she teaches a simulated law office on professional responsibility and civil litigation. She has also worked as a judicial extern for Hon. Joan Lefkow in the Northern District of Illinois.
She obtained her law degree from Chicago-Kent College of Law and Bachelors of Science in Journalism from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent rating
- Top 25 Women San Diego Super Lawyers® by Super Lawyers Magazine (2019-2022)
- Top 50 San Diego Super Lawyers by Super Lawyers® Magazine (2019-2022)
- Super Lawyer (2016-2022) by Super Lawyers® Magazine
- Best Lawyers of America® in Legal Malpractice - Defendants and Personal Injury - Plaintiffs (2020-2023)
- San Diego County Bar Association’s Service to the Legal Community Award (2020)
- 40 Top Business Leaders Under 40 Finalist by San Diego Business Journal (2018)
- Best of the Bar by San Diego Business Journal (2015-2016)
- Top Attorney for Insurance Defense and Corporate Litigation by San Diego Daily Transcript (2013-2014)
- The Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court (Master)
- Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego (President)
- Women of Color in the Law (Director)
- Filipino American Chamber of Commerce - San Diego (Director)
- Pag-Asa Legal Clinic (Director)
- San Diego County Bar Association's Civil Litigation Committee
- San Diego County Bar Association's Ethnic & Racial Diversity Committee
- San Diego County Bar Association's Appellate Committee
- Ladies on Course Golf Club (President)
- Reading Legacies (Board of Trustees)
- National Filipino American Lawyers Association: “Cybersecurity and Legal Malpractice” (2020)
- San Diego County Bar Association / Law + Technology Summit: “Ethics of Technology & How Not to Commit Malpractice with your Computer” (2019)
- San Diego County Bar Association / Civil Litigation Committee: “Essentials for a Civil Litigator’s Toolbox – Ethics in Mediation” (2018)
- Ahern Insurance / McCarthy & Holthus: “Ethics and Substance Abuse” (2018)
- Lawyers Club / International Women’s Day: “Challenges Facing Women Trial Lawyers” (2018)
- San Diego Defense Lawyers: “Appellate Issues for Civil Defense Litigators” (2016)